Sorry for the late e-mail, but all that is due this week will be done in class.
What are your 3 core values?How do your core value match your educational system?How do your core values match your government structure?Why did you pick that form of government over another?How do their citizens affect their government?How do your core values affect your culture?
1. On Thursday there will be a Metacognitive Strategies (Book Club) Assessment. Students have been given the 6 short stories that will be part of the assessment (They have been linked to this e-mail).
2. Reading MAP Testing is on Wednesday.
Extra: Student will be placed in their Society Project groups this week. They will begin their 3 week long process of creating their own society. They will be working together with other students, so this can be a stressful time for them. They will also be writing an essay about a portion of their society: Education, Mapping, Culture, and Government.
What can you, as a parent, do to help your student?
1. Go over the metacognitive strategies with them.
2. Make sure they have picked one of the short stories and have read it several times.
3. Ask them how they can create a great team collaboration with their society group.
4. Ask them about their ideas for their society.
Thank you all for your patience. I was out sick Friday, and I am making a speedy recovery.
Thank you to all who showed up for the Open House last night. It was great to meet you, and I look forward to working as a team to help build our students this year. I will continue to seek a way to communicate more effectively about your students’ progress. Next weeks Presentation. Here is the plan for next week: